- Choose and read four articles that are interesting to you as an introduction to some media topics.
- Topic 1- Health effects of media
- Topic 2- Media usage habits
- As you read, you will write about the following:
- The group that is being talked about (teenagers, ?children, girls etc.)
- The affect that media is having on this group (increased ?aggression, headaches etc.)
- Two pieces of evidence the author uses to support their ?claim
- The author's overall message
- Your personal response to the article/issue
To download and print the articles from the following websites, click on source, then scroll to the bottom and select PRINT. Ask for help. Only press print ONE TIME!
Step 1- Using this list of articles about the EFFECTS OF MEDIA ON HEALTH, locate two articles that appear interesting to you. Read and answer the questions on the worksheet.
Step 2- Using this list of articles and graphics about MEDIA USAGE AND HABITS, locate two articles (has to be entire articles, not just blurbs or graphics) that appear interesting to you. Read and answer the questions on the worksheet.
Once you get to each of the above sites, scroll through the topics and decide what looks interesting to you. Then, click on the hyperlink at the end of the article or graph blurb and you will be taken to the full articles.
The worksheet is available in class.
As you read, consider who is giving you this message and what their intent is. Are you persuaded by their data? Do you relate to their ideas? Do you really think this is even a concern?The reading requirement is four articles, two from each major topic. If you do more than two articles in either topic, you can get extra credit. You may take an additional worksheet if you need.
--this assignment is credited to Mrs. Minks